About Walker Moyle
Walker Moyle are a friendly, progressive firm of accountants with three offices across the West of Cornwall. We place our clients at the heart of everything we do, aiming to exceed client expectations wherever possible with a timely, professional and personal service. In order to do this, we invest in the continuous development of our staff. We pay for all your ongoing CPD costs, so that you have the necessary skills and experience to carry out your role effectively, whilst giving you the opportunity to develop your career. We offer lots of varied and interesting work from a variety of business types and sectors including owner managed businesses, charities and academies. We now wish to recruit an Accounts Manager to help service our growing client base.
You will be based in our head office in Penzance, but may be required to visit clients at their premises or travel to our other offices in Redruth and St. Ives. Your role will give you enormous variety, not just in the type of work being carried out but also with the diverse range of clients we service.
The role requires someone who is highly experienced in preparing company accounts for sole traders and partnerships, and can also produce regular management accounts for these clients. You will be responsible for preparing and submitting both tax and VAT returns. There will be a lot of interaction with clients, attending meetings and dealing with their day to day queries over the phone and via email, so excellent communication skills are essential. In addition you will be responsible for reviewing and finalising work before it is sent to the client.
At Walker Moyle we are proud of the team we have developed and an important part of your role will be mentoring our trainee accountants who are undertaking their ACA, ACCA or AAT qualifications. To this end, experience of managing or supervision would be beneficial.
A positive, progressive approach to client service and your own career development are the key things we’re looking for.
Salary and benefits:
- An excellent package is available depending on your qualifications and experience.
- Company pension scheme.
- 20 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays, plus 3 days shut down between Christmas and New Year
- Permanent, full time – 37.5 hours a week
- Based at the Penzance office, but may also be required to work from the Redruth office and from client premises across Cornwall
Ideally you should have:
- ACA or ACCA qualifications
- Have a minimum of 3 recent years working in an accountancy practice, newly qualified candidates will also be considered
- Experience of managing clients
- Management or staff supervision experience
- An ability to work under pressure whilst meeting deadlines
- Experience of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
- A full driver’s licence and access to a car during working hours, as there will be travel involved between the different offices and to clients
Overall we are looking for someone who is keen and enthusiastic about their role and who wants to take on more responsibility and contribute to the firm’s continued growth and success. You should be an organised, methodical worker who is used to working in a team environment. Future promotional opportunities may be available to the right candidate.
How to Apply
If you would like to find out more about the role and the firm before applying, please contact Paula Thomas, Director on 01736 362265 for a confidential chat.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to:
Walker Moyle Chartered Accountants
Or email to: Paula.Thomas@walker-moyle.co.uk